Experienced data analyst seeking new challenges in the digital humanities.
Highlights of Qualifications
- Recognized for bringing personal and professional experience to bear on new research challenges
- Long experience meeting deadlines and performance goals as a programmer and data analyst in professional environments
- Proven ability to work effectively in groups with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
Senior Programmer/ Data Analyst
HealthDataInsights, Inc., Las Vegas NV Jun. 2007 — Sep. 2016
Worked closely with policy experts to complete data analysis projects for a leading provider of claims integrity services. As part of a small team of SQL developers and analysts, helped to earn the company a long-term contract for Medicare recovery services.
- Led a small team in automating a labor-intensive report process, creating an efficient, standardized pipeline for the analysis team
- Worked with medical coding experts to build an automated claim-repricing module, allowing the company to provide much faster and more consistent financial analysis to clients
ABPA, Inc., Las Vegas NV Feb. 2006 – Jun. 2007
Responsible for coordinating analysis and reporting projects across diverse database systems within a nationwide administrator of benefit plans. Met high demand for recurring operational reports while improving database tools for a variety of departments.
- Developed major improvements to systems for managing appeals
- Built new reporting capabilities into financial and operational databases
NevadaCare, Las Vegas NV Jul. 2004 – Feb. 2006
Performed reporting and analysis tasks within a fast-paced health insurance environment. Constantly sought new opportunities to improve processes through better information services, working closely with managers in all departments.
- Worked with medical directors to develop the company’s first clinical profiles for physicians
- Received the company’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ recognition in 2005
B.A. in Sociology with Summa Cum Laude honors, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
Undergraduate thesis: “Model users: Identity and software development”
Awards: Jeffers Chertok Honor Award for outstanding graduating senior, 2014. Dean’s list, 2012-2014. EWU Trustees’ Scholarship, 2013-14. William LV Tyler Scholarship, 2013-14.
Byers, C. (2014, May). Sociology of software. Presentation at the EWU Student Research and Creative Works Symposium, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA.
Byers, C. (2014, April). Interfaces: The social role of software. Presentation at the Spokane Intercollegiate Research Conference (SIRC), Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA.
EWU Sociology Club
The Book Parlor, Spokane, WA
Board President, Oct. 2013-Dec. 2015
Inland Northwest Search And Rescue
Spokane Faith and Values, Spokane, WA
I.T. volunteer, August 2015-present
Spokane Moves to Amend the Constitution, Spokane, WA
Volunteer signature collector for state initiatives I-329 in 2014 and I-735 in 2015